Do you want a theme for your character? Looking for background music for a game? Need an instrumental backing for your own song? I've been writing instrumental electronic music since 2014. I'm best at slower songs, but I'm capable of more intense pieces as well and always enjoy a chance to try something new.
I can also be found on Bandcamp. I have free streaming enabled for everything I've published there, so listen as much as you'd like.
Any commissioned songs are yours to use as you please. All I ask is that I be credited as the artist.
Contact me if you're interested and we'll talk through the details! Email is preferred, but Discord and XMPP are also options.
I don't want to break people's wallets, but I do need to be paid for time and effort. To keep things fair, I wanted to make sure that a short song will always be cheaper than a long song, and that the amount of time I spend working on a commission will factor into the final price.
You'll be charged for the average of these two amounts:
- Flat fee: $10.00 USD per 30 seconds of music, rounded to the nearest 30-second mark.
- Hourly: $17.00 USD per hour of work on your song, rounded to the nearest half-hour. You're free to define how much time I can spend on your song if you'd like to limit this.
- Usually, these two prices should be pretty similar. If I spent 4 hours composing a 3-minute song, then the flat fee would be $60 and the hourly fee would be $68. The average of these two fees is $64, so that would be the final price.
- There are some cases where a very short piece of music takes a long time to get right. If I spent 9 hours composing an intricate 43-second loop, then the flat fee would be $10 and the hourly fee would be $153. The average of these two fees is $81.50. I'd definitely have been in contact while working on this to make sure that you're okay with the amount of time being spent on it!
- Similarly, a long song might pop out quickly. If I spent one hour writing a 4-minute song, then the flat fee would be $80 and the hourly fee would be $17. The average of these two fees is $48.50, which would be your final price (lucky you!). Songs typically take longer than an hour to compose and mix, but you're free to tell me to stop early if you'd like. I'll do the best I can with the time you give me.
Regardless of the final price, $10.00 of the total is paid up-front once I start composing your song. I send samples as I'm working on songs to make sure that they match what you want, and while I wish I could trust everyone, some people do take off with the samples. The up-front fee ensures that I get paid for my time.